NQT Appropriate Body & Induction Services
TRI is pleased to be able to offer a full range of NQT Appropriate Body and Induction Services to local schools.
The appointment of an Appropriate Body (AB) is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and an NQT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed. As an AB, TRI will undertake the necessary verification and administrative processes on your behalf.
This will include:
- Registering the NQT with ourselves and the Teaching Regulation Agency
- Maintaining records and assessment reports
- Making the final decision as to whether or not the NQT’s performance against the Teaching Standards is satisfactory, drawing on the recommendations of the Headteacher/Principal
- Notifying the Teaching Regulation Agency of the decision
- Providing a named contact and advice line for support and guidance
NQT Induction Services
In addition to TRI’s role acting as an Appropriate Body to undertake the verification of NQT induction assessments, TRI is able to support schools by providing access to a full range of services to ensure that all NQTs are successfully inducted into the teaching profession.
This can include but is not limited to:
- Training for NQT mentors in Summer Term of AY1920 to ensure the mentors are fully prepared to support their NQTs in AY2021
- Programme of professional themes seminars aimed specifically at NQTs
- Lesson observations with developmental feedback (written and verbal) against the teaching standards
- Coaching sessions
Other services can be provided on request.
TRI’s prices for NQT support services for AY2021 are as set out below:
Appropriate Body only work - registration,
record keeping and validation
£250 for the first three NQTs registered
then £50 per subsequent registration
|Induction Seminars||£100 for access to all seminars|
|Lesson observations with both written and verbal feedback||£80 per observation|
|Coaching Sessions||£40 per session|
For further information regarding NQT Appropriate Body or Induction Services, please contact us using one of the methods set out below.